- 29th November, Tuesday
- 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- e2i westDevan Nair Institute for Employment and Employability, 80 Jurong East St 21 Level (Event Hall 4) Singapore 730900
|1.30pm||Registration & Networking|
|2.00pm||Introduction by SME Centre|
|2.10pm||The Spectacular Failure of Monetary Economics & More to Come in 2017?|
|3.45pm||SME Financial capabilities & toolkits sharing|
|4.30pm||Q&A / End|
Since the 2008/09 global recession, years of unconventional monetary policies had not resulted in any significant global economic recovery. To make matters worse, global monetary doves have intensified their efforts since 2015 while disinflationary pressures intensified, in part due to lower commodities prices.
With talks of yet more unconventional measures such as “helicopter money”,
- Will that mean another tsunami of cheap money coming in to push up Asian’s asset prices?
- Will the “negative interest rates” phenomenon we hear often in the media happen in Singapore?
- Does that mean that business owners and home owners get paid interests by banks when they take loans?
- Sharing by experts about the current economic outlook in Singapore.
- How to make informed financial decisions for long-term planning.
- Learn ways to avoid financial pitfalls for your business.
- Financial capability toolkits to aid business planning for 2017 and beyond.
Who should attend?
- Business owners, key decision makers, Finance Managers
- Businesses interested in Financial Management for their long-term growth
- Participants interested to hear about the most updated economic situation of Singapore
Speaker:Mr Francis Tan, United Overseas Bank
Francis is an Economist with United Overseas Bank’s Global Economics & Markets Research team and covers Asian macroeconomic research. He provides regular economics commentaries on both English and Mandarin TV channels and is frequently quoted in the media. Prior to joining UOB, Francis held similar roles in both local and international Banks, as well as in government ministries and statutory boards.
Terms and Conditions
- The event is subject to change and all final decisions are at the sole discretion of the organiser.
- The organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or deny access to any company or individual.
- All registration will be given on first-come-first-serve basis.
- Prior registration is strongly encouraged as walk-in on the event day may not be entertained.
No-show participants will be charged a nominal fee of $20.
To verify if you are a member, please visit http://www.smfederation.org.sg/index.php/directory
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact Boon Keng at 6826 3009