- 23rd September, Friday
- 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- *Scape Co Ltd
2 Orchard Link, Level 5
What are the Legal Matters to look out for?
The slowdown in the global economy may also provide investors with good opportunities to buy or sell businesses or companies. There are certain legal matters which an investor should look out for before committing into a deal and before incurring unnecessary costs.
The talk addresses the following topics:
1) What are some of the ways to reduce costs when buying a business or company?
2) What are the legal matters which a buyer should look out for before committing to buy a business or company?
3) What are the legal matters which a seller should look out for before committing to sell a business or company?
The talk aims to give useful and practical tips to investors who wish to buy or sell business or companies in a cost efficient manner.
About the speaker
Miss Yap Siew Ling is a director of Drew & Napier LLC and has experience in providing legal advice to businesses, commercial and corporate clients. She regularly advises clients on matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, loan agreements, franchise agreements, and other business transactions. Siew Ling has also handled various corporate transactions including initial public offerings, fund raising exercises and delisting exercises.
Siew Ling graduated from the University of Bristol in 1997 with a Bachelor of Laws and from the University of Warwick with a Master of Laws in 1999. She was admitted to the Malaysian Bar in 2001 and to the Singapore Bar in 2009
|2.05pm||[NEW] SPRING Singapore Toolkit by SME Centre@SMF|
|3.15pm||Legal Matters in Buying or Selling Business or Company|
|4.15pm||Q & A|
|4.30pm||End of Workshop|
Terms and Conditions
1. The event is subject to change and all final decisions are at the sole discretion of the organiser.
2. The organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or deny access to any company or individual.
3. All registration will be given on first-come-first-serve basis.
4. Prior registration is strongly encouraged as walk-in on the event day may not be entertained.
To verify if you are a member, please visit http://www.smfederation.org.sg/index.php/directory.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact Agnes Tay at 68263011